3 simple and effective ways to relieve chest pain at home
For obvious reasons, chest pain is a delicate issue — heart attacks and cardiac arrests can be deadly. You need emergency attention in the following scenarios:
- If your chest pains feel crushing, tight or intense
- If you suspect you’re having a heart attack (or have a history of heart attacks)
- If you experience persistent shortness of breath alongside chest pains
But when your experience doesn’t involve the above situations, your chest pain may be related to:
- Acid reflux
- Chest pain caused by a bad cough
- Chest pain caused by heavy smoking
Here are 3 things you can do at home for relief before seeing your Care Specialist:
- Take hot drinks: Chamomile tea has a soothing effect that can calm heartburn and acid reflux. Lemon juice and ginger tea are other options that can relieve gas pain, bloating, and indigestion.
- Eat some garlic: Garlic is good for heart health and can relieve chest pains. You can chop 5–7 pieces into milk, boil it, drink the milk and chew the pieces.
- Use cold packs: Sometimes, muscle pain causes chest pains. By easing your muscles with cold packs, your chest pain will reduce too.